|Reusable instruments (excluding the sections of the products listed below)
|• The cutting, shearing, grinding and rasping edges (excluding Tungsten Carbide)
|• The cutting, shearing, grinding and rasping edges (Tungsten Carbide)
Instructions for re-processing Timesco reusable instruments
The following instructions are for all Timesco reusable instruments by Timesco Healthcare, unless stated otherwise with the packaging of the
product. All reusable devices are supplied non sterile and should be cleaned and sterilised before first use and after each subsequent useThese instructions are intended for use only by persons with the required specialist knowledge and training.
• Follow instructions and warnings as issued by manufacturers of any decontaminants, disinfectants and cleaning agents used. Wh
possible avoid use of mineral acids and harsh, abrasive agents.
• Do not use chemical sterilants with caustic ingredients such as: surgical scrub solutions, povidone-iodine solutions, bleach, peroxide
solutions, Virox 3, Sporox and Cidex PA. Do not use garment or surface disinfectants.
• Do not autoclave with sub standard stainless steel surgical instruments as this may cause a reaction and lead to rust or discolourisation.
• No part of the process shall exceed 140º C.
• Ultrasonic cleaning is not permitted, as this will cause damage to the glass fibre optic bundle.
• Do not flash autoclave, this will invalidate our guarantee.
• When reprocessing medical devices, handle with care, wearing protective clothing and face visors or goggles where appropriate• Batteries must be removed from any battery operated devices before reprocessing.
LIMITATIONS ON REPROCESSING
• These reprocessing instructions will have a minimal effect on all devices, but repeated autoclaving, especially for extended periods can
affect certain devices.
INSTRUCTIONS FROM POINT OF USE
• If possible, soiled devices should be placed in a holding solution (combined disinfectant/enzyme solution) immediately after use and prior
PREPARATION FOR DECONTAMINATION
• Reprocess all devices as soon as it is reasonably practical to do so.
• Where necessary disassemble devices that require disassembly for adequate cleaning and reprocessing.
• Some devices cannot be effectively cleaned by a washer-disinfector, those items should be manually cleaned as follows and then cleaned
in a washer-disinfector as below:
• Using a sink dedicated for instrument cleaning (not used for hand washing), rinse excess soil from the device (water temp <35º C).
• Keeping the device submerged, with a brush, apply CE marked cleaning solution to all surfaces. Pay particular attention to underside and
any jointed part of the device. Always brushing away from the body. Do not use a wire brush.
• Rinse the device thoroughly with clean water, so that the water reaches all parts of the device, then carefully hand dry or use a drying
• Use only either CE marked or validated washer-disinfector machines and cleaning agents, following the manufacturers’ instructions for use
warnings and recommended cycles.
• Load devices carefully, ensure any delicate parts of the device are not liable to damage during the loading procedure.
Timesco devices have been validated to the following automatic washer-disinfector cycle:
Pre wash 14.4 ºC for 4 minutes, Wash at 65.9 ºC for 9 minutes, Rinse at 58.8 ºC for 16 seconds,
Thermal at 92 ºC for 6 minutes 14 seconds, Drying at 98.8 ºC for 25 minutes.
Validated detergents, Instro-Klenz, Enzycare, Olympic Spraydry 1000 and Sprayclean 2000.
• After cleaning, check all surfaces for complete removal of soil.
• If any soil is still visible, return the device for repeat decontamination.
• If any devices have been disassembled, reassemble in accordance with any product specific instructions for use and test.
INSPECTION AND FUNCTION TESTING
• Visually inspect and check all devices for damage and wear.
• Remove for repair or replacement any damaged product.
• All devices should be packed following local protocol in accordance with BS standards
• Either CE marked or validated vacuum autoclave operating at 134-137 ºC 2.25 bar for a minimum holding time of 3 minutes – always following
the instructions of the machine manufacturer.
• When sterilising multiple instruments in one autoclave cycle, ensure that the steriliser manufacturer’s stated maximum load is not exceeded.
• Ensure all devices are dry before sterilisation. If the devices cannot be dried prior to sterilisation, then use distilled/de-ionised water in the
final-rinse stage of cleaning.
Timesco devices have been validated to the following steriliser cycle:
Sterilising temperature 134 ºC, Sterilising time 3 minutes, 10 seconds, Normal drying time 5 minutes, Extended Drying time 15 minutes.
• Ensure all devices are dry before storage, and stored in dry, clean conditions at an ambient room temperature.
• Other forms of cleaning (alkaline and neutral) and sterilisation (Cidex OPA, Ethylene oxide up to 65 ºC for anaesthetic devices) are permitted.
However, always follow the instructions for use as issued by Timesco and always consult with us if in any doubt over the suitability of any
• Follow cleaning and sterilising guidelines as per HTM 2030 and HTM 2010.
Timesco Healthcare Ltd, Timesco House, 3 Carnival Park, Carnival Close, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3WN, England. E-mail [email protected],
NOTE: IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE REPROCESSOR TO ENSURE THAT THE REPROCESSING AS ACTUALLY PERFORMED USING
EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS AND PERSONNEL IN THE REPROCESSING FACILITY ACHIEVE THE DESIRED RESULT. THIS REQUIRES VALIDATION
AND ROUTINE MONITORING OF THE PROCESS. LIKEWISE ANY DEVIATION BY THE REPROCESSOR FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED
MUST BE PROPERLY EVALUATED FOR EFFECTIVENESS AND POTENTIAL ADVERSE CONSEQUENCES.
Virox 3, Sporox, Cidex PA, Instro-Klenz, Enzycare, Olympic Spraydry 1000 and Sprayclean 2000 are trademarks of their respective companies.
Timesco offer extensive guarantees across our range of reusable surgical products, users should refer to the specific guarantees provided
with each product. These guarantees do not cover consumables or disposable items, fair wear and tear or any damage caused by misuse. Any
alteration or marking of the product in any way will also invalidate these guarantees and the CE mark.
RETURNING INSTRUMENTS TO TIMESCO
Products returned to Timesco Healthcare Ltd must be accompanied by a decontamination certificate, which states that each instrument has
been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Timesco reserve the right to immediately dispose of any products that are returned without evidence
of adequate cleaning and disinfection. Please contact our customer services team for authorisation before returning any product as we may be
able to resolve your query or arrange a replacement without the product having to be returned.